- I'm very grateful for the time that I got to spend with my grandmother, but sometimes I'm so envious of people who still have their grandparents late into their life. I also sometimes miss Nanny so much, but I can't even remember why.
- I love that I have a close family. We are all quirky and dysfunctional, but some how we've managed to make it this far!
- I love that there's this big plan out there that I have no control over. Even though it is super scary and I try to control it and screw it up every now and then, I'm somehow exactly where I'm supposed to be!
- I'm so thankful for Math! I know that's super nerdy, but I love that too!! Math is predictable and exciting and difficult. In a world where I have no control, I like that there's something like Math out there.
- I'm so glad that I'm a math teacher. I always looked forward to math class, regardless of the teacher. But I know lots of kids don't feel that way, so even if they don't love math like I do, they at least don't dread going to class.
- I have had the BEST coworkers pretty much my whole working life! I'm nervous that one day I'll work some place with super boring people, but I'm also sure I would hate that job and therefore wouldn't stay working there very long.
- I wholeheartedly believe in the concept of a best friend. I'm so grateful that I have multiple. What's even better is that I can't compare them with each other. All of my friends make such Awesome additions to my life that I can't even describe it.
- If I could pick any one moment in my life that has changed it the most, it would be the birth of Robert Wayne Pace on February 22, 1997 at 7:30 pm. Being his big sister brings me many great joys, along with many frustrations. But I know my life would be VERY different today, and probably not as much fun, if it weren't for this occurrence.
- I love the number 8. I put a lot of thought into what the last one would be because of that. It's a math thing, and I could explain to you, if you want....ha
- I'm so grateful that some decided that laughter would be a thing! It is a fabulous thing to do. I honestly feel bad for people who don't laugh very often.
- I'm a strong supporter of the United States Postal Service. I love finding other people that share a love for this, or just sending random cards to random people, even if they don't respond...
- I'm grateful for the gift of music. My musical pallet is inspired by the great people who've influenced me in many different ways. I also like some tunes with a good beat and songs with wonderful story lines and mixtures of harmony and rhythm! Oh, I love music!!
- I love weddings, but not for the reason that most people do, the crazy kids. I love getting together with my friends and have a wonderful time. I love seeing their family interaction. I've been to a lot of weddings for a lot of people. All of them are unique and I'm actually looking forward to the many I have to attend this upcoming year!
- I am super grateful that a little over a year ago, things aligned in such a way and I moved in with Elizabeth, my current roommate. She has been one of the major influences in my major health changes this year. I've also gained a great friend which is pretty dang cool.
- I love being an aunt. Enough said. No additional comment needed. It is an awesome part of my life.
Thursday, November 14, 2013
Running against the Wind
So, if you know me, you know that I like to do things my way. I've done the "November Gratitude Challenge" before, although many days I forgot and I don't like doing things half way. I've also participated in the many games on Facebook, too many times, honestly. So, I'm playing this one my way. I'm going to make a list of random things. However, this list will have a theme: GRATITUDE. As I'm beginning, my goal is to write 30, but we shall see if that happens. So here goes nothing, I'll try not to ramble....
I've decided to write this list in two parts. Partly because it is more exhausting than I thought. But also cause it is late and I'm ready for bed....Part two will happen sometime soon.....ish.
Until next time! :)