Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Things that should be real

1. Crystal Balls
Crystal balls are really just the first thing I thought of to describe telling the future. But I think there should be a way to see what your life would look like if you took this path compared to that path. For example, when I switched schools in the 7th grade, my mom registered me because I was in Houston visiting my aunt. My mom told me there were three options: Athletics, Pep Squad or P.E. My mom signed me up for athletics but I told her that was silly and made her switch to Pep Squad. I'm not sure why I made that decision, I did enjoy cheering in Elementary, but I liked playing sports too. But there's a few really important people that I don't think I would have been friends with today had I not chosen pep squad. But I often wonder what high school, or even my current life, would have looked like for me had I not asked my mom to switch. Even if it were as simple as those things they have in museums, where you push a button and it lights up this part of the time line with a quick voice over. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I would like one that allows me to plug in my current life and current choices and lets me see what life would look like. 
2. Friendships 
Not that these aren't real, I just felt like reminding people that they should be. I'm pretty sure that at this point in my life, I can mostly pick out what's real and what's not. I've made a few mistakes here and there, but who hasn't, right? 
3. Go-go gadget legs
I can't tell you the number of times that I have dreamed about having go-go gadget legs and thought that at times they would be pretty darn handy. 
4. Laughter
I know I've said it before, but laughing is one of my all time favorite things to do, EVER. Especially when it is completely uninhibited laughter, oh man that's the best. Not caring if you snort a few more times or you look like a chimpanzee at the zoo during feeding time, clapping your hands and knees and smiling like an idiot. Oh man!! That's my favorite. I feel like I judge my week, days, etc, by the amount of laughter they are filled with and not just by me. 
5. Tradition
I don't know if this just comes from being a Catholic or just being a control freak, or both. All I know, is I LOVE tradition, which is one of the BIG reasons, I love Christmas. Christmas, and other holidays, are FILLED with traditions. Honestly, that's one of the things I respect about married people and new families and such. I have a hard time imagining not doing holidays the way that my family does them, but the other person has traditions, too. How do you blend them enough to keep people happy and create a few traditions that your children can one say pass down? 

2 comments:

  1. I love your writing I have you bookmarked, so I know you aren't busy at all and I think you should blog more :)

    ReplyDelete