Saturday, July 13, 2013

So Easy

Some of you may notice that I've started a new blog! There's a few reasons for it. I started the blog in 2009 at a time when I was terribly unhappy with my life, all aspects of it. Unfortunately, it was for no real reason either. But this blog isn't about that time of my life. Another reason for the new blog is that in 12 short days, I will turn 29. I feel like this is like RIDICULOUS! I should not be 29 soon...I was just 22..wasn't I? Plus, my old blog had 100 posts and it just seemed right to leave it at that!
So here we are: The new blog! Similar to the old blog, I got the idea for this new blog name and it's first post while driving in the car. So I felt like sharing something that I've been doing for the past few months, I've shared it randomly in conversation, but now I'm putting it "on paper."
To start, I'm a big fan of signs, especially if they're repeated. So a few random friends suggested a book to me earlier this year, "When God Writes Your Love Story" by Eric & Leslie Ludy. In February, I bought it for my iPad and started reading it during adoration. Before I go any farther, let me say that I highly recommend this book. I wish the 22 year old Lizzy would have read it, or even the 18 year old one. So each chapter has questions for you to think about and occasionally some "assignment" to do. Well, one chapter had the assignment to "write a love letter to your future spouse." Well, as evidence of this blog, I enjoy writing, so I did it. I've heard of this before and have even heard of blogs dedicated to this sort of thing. (Don't worry, that's not what this is...)So the concept is that your future spouse is someone who is actually real and instead of finding a "temporary replacement" you just write a letter sharing whatever it is you would share with that person if they were actually reading that letter: joy, happiness, loneliness, sadness, fear.  So my first letter is probably kind of awkward, but I started doing it every week in Adoration and a few times not during adoration. One Saturday after adoration, I was driving around thinking about the idea of this, of someone out there that I have or haven't met yet that could one day be my husband. It was oddly liberating. I could stop worrying about whether or not I was ever going to meet him. I think especially in this time of engagements and weddings it can be hard, and I'm not saying writing this letters has solved all my problems. But I feel like I don't worry about it any more, which if you're a worrier, you understand how huge this is! This song by Phillip Phillips kind of reiterated this new found feeling of freedom. I used to think I had achieved "freedom" from the society's idea of dating/marriage/whatever, but really I was just ignoring it. This is much different. I can be sarcastic and dramatic about the number of friends who are engaged or newly married this year (9, but I'm not keeping track or anything....) However, I feel actually happy for them now and I'm also not trying to "look" for anything anymore. I'll find it one day, or it'll find me, or it won't. 


However, I'm not going to be sharing the letters with you cause that kind of ruins it. Some are short, some are long, some are about absolutely nothing and others about absolutely everything. But isn't that kind of how life is some days. Some days seem rather insignificant, while others you know will stick with you for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment