Wednesday, January 1, 2014

You're it

I have to say that I, like many others, am not sad to see 2013 be put behind us. It brought about many changes and I learned many things, so I do not regret anything I did this year. I was disappointed in others a few times this year, but I'm most proud of the fact that I was not disappointed in myself. This year, I took action, I expressed my thoughts and feelings, I took chances. My family did not have a great year, between my mothers breast cancer diagnosis, Bobby's knee problem and a few other snags. Although I spent more time with family due to these changes so there is light where there is darkness, as they say. I'm still not any good at saying No, but that's just a part of me. And the way I see it, as long as I have the ability, the desire and the opportunity to work hard, why shouldn't I?  2013 also saw more travel, which of course makes me happy, although no international travel. 
So now it is time to focus on the upcoming year, 2014. I have goals and plans but as far as resolutions, I wasn't sure what I was going to do at first. If you have read my blogs before, you know that setting and keeping a resolution is something that I have accomplished many times and enjoy completing. However, with so many upcoming things I wasn't really sure what this years would be. That is, until I had lunch at taco villa today. The cashier was one of those super nice, very friendly employees. She called everyone honey and said god bless you a lot, even when people didn't sneeze. So this nice lady was talking to a couple sitting behind me while I crunched down on my steak fajita taco and one of them asked her what her resolutions are for this year. Her response has inspired me. She said "Last year was a terrible year for me and I made all these plans. So this year, I'm handing it over to The Lord. My plans didn't work at all last year so I'm just going to let The Lord show me what he has in store for me." I think that sounds like a fantastic plan. I guess you could say that means that my resolution this year is "to be more open." I do know that I plan to activate the "Do not disturb" function on my phone a lot more this year, maybe even leave it off or at home a bit more. I have, until recently, felt this...need to be connected to people all the time and to always want to know what they're doing. And I've just discovered that it's just RIDICULOUS and USELESS. Who cares if something happens without me knowing about it. I plan on starting a LOT less conversations with "did you see on facebook....?" Or "I saw on facebook...." Anyways, I still enjoy writing my blogs and I will still carry on conversation via text message or phone call, but don't be surprised if I don't answer or respond as quickly as it has in the past. 
In closing, whatever your resolutions, whatever your reflections on the past year, I hope the upcoming 12 months brings you many blessings, happiness and, of course, some quality time with yours truly. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment